Sunday, August 14, 2011

Steelhead 70.3 Teaser

Because I know you're all on the edge of your seats.... :-)

I unfortunately did not completed 70.3 today.  Neither did anyone else though - the swim was cancelled because 7ft swells and a rip current advisory.  No lifeguard boats, no swim.  So booo to that because I can't put a checkmark next to that particular goal.

Anyhow, a full race report will follow but the highlights are as follows:

- Exceeded my goal time for the bike
- Exceeded my goal time for the run
- PRs for not only the 1/2 marathon but the 5k and 10k too

Had the best race of my life but I must admit, I'm feeling a little robbed because of the swim cancellation.  Stay tuned for more....

7 comments:

  1. Wow! Looking forward to that race report!

    Congrats on all the PR's and exceeding your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was great to meet you today, and you ROCKED it out there! I think you beat me on the run, so way to go! Congrats on dominating a 69.1 Ironman! Woohoo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice to meet you at the race and congrats on your great race! Can't wait to hear your recap a out it...I need to do mine too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow &ft swells!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ohhhhhh that sucks! so dangerous!

    but on a side note, i would LOVE if the swims were cancelled in tris - for good :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad that you'll be in CP! :) Let's definitely plan to meet up!

    That totally stinks about the swim being canceled. I get feeling robbed for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sucks, but glad to know you'll be at Cedar Point. When I did club nationals last year they cancelled the swim because of E Coli. That was just a sprint for me, but for many it was the same race where they planned to earn a Team USA spot for the ITU long course. Some of the folks who are mega swimmers werent able to turn out their normal time because they couldnt swim. Congrats all the same and Im sure you'll get it next time!

    ReplyDelete