Saturday, December 18, 2010

Now How Did That Happen?

Christmas is here.  Really soon.  Sydney said something at work Wednesday about Christmas being next week and I said, "What was that?".  Next week?  How did that happen?  We left for Cozumel on the 24th of November and it was mild and normal around here.  We returned on December 01st and it was like we landed in the North Pole by mistake.  The temperature had plummeted and all of sudden there were Christmas lights and carols and all things Christmas everywhere!  It was only the first of December though and the actual holiday seemed so far away still.  Well it's not far away anymore.

To be honest I'm not all that into the Christmas spirit this year and that's weird for me.  Paul and I both LOVE this holiday.  We even got married on December 02nd because it was the closest we could respectably get to Christmas.  I think it might have something to do with what we've been through this year and that I had a VERY different idea of what our family would (or would be about to) look like when the holiday rolled around this year.  Not meant to be though and I need to remember what a wonderful life I have.  Paul and I have wonderful jobs that allow us to indulge our love of triathlon and travel.  We are in wonderful health.  We have family that love us both (most of them anyway) and friends that are like family.

In any event the gifts are purchased save for one or two I'll finish up tomorrow.  The tree is trimmed and the house is decorated (thanks to Paul).  We have our annual Christmas open house on Thursday which will allow us to enjoy some Christmas cheer with good friends.  It's going to be a good holiday.

1 comment:

  1. Being with family is so very important over the Christmas period. I hope you enjoy yours and get totally spoilt rotten.

    ReplyDelete